Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Run with Me Tuesday

I tried created a new workout the other day when I was pressed for time.  I had just about 30 minutes to run before work, and after felt a little deprived so I decided to add a twist to it...

Run for 30 minutes

then..

(30) crunches
(30 sec) planks
(30) crunches
(30 sec) planks
(30) crunches
(30 sec) planks

Total time: about 35 minutes....leaves your upper body shaky and surprisingly makes you feel like you got a full workout in.  Go ahead try it, and feel free to add in your own favorites.

This past weekend was really great for me (as far as runs go).  It rained on Saturday morning, which for me, was perfect for running.  I was able to get out and let the rain wash all my cares away.....wow, that sounds cheesy.  Sunday was bright and sunny, so I planned for my longer run that morning.  I ended up doing just under 9.5 miles, which if you know me, that kills me....I am slightly OCD and either need to do full miles or in half increments.  I ended up just over 9.4...which is lame.  I am getting off topic, so I wanted to try a new route that our city has for their yearly half marathon.  It is known for hills, so I was slightly hesitant to try to tackle it, but I went in head first and came out feeling like a winner.  Needless to say, I was sore all day but felt pretty dang good for doing it. 

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment