Monday, April 5, 2010

What a Weekend!

And what a weekend it was....I have been waiting to put up a post on here for a couple weeks, because being the planner that I am, I knew I wanted to blog about a fabulous event that has just passed....Talitha's Baby Shower!


Talitha had come to me months ago and asked if I would plan the Southern California shower for her, of course I said yes, are you kidding?! It would be fun! I started putting together ideas that I wanted to do, checking out sales, and various stores seeing how creative I could get. I think I am taking a break from going to Michaels for a bit...however, they are having a huge sale right now so if you need to get some crafty supplies, right now would be the time to do it. Anyways, I took pics along my planning process so I could blog about it afterwards. Please feel free to take a looksie, comment, or whatever you would like.

A week before the shower, our kitchen table looked like this: Controlled Chaos, if you will.

First, it began with the cake diapers. After emailing all the lovely mamas that I know, I went to Target to buy some diapers....did you know they come in sizes? I just thought they stretched! I bought two boxes, one box in size 1, another in size 2/3. We decided to make a game out of the diaper cakes, Guess How Many Diapers are In Each Cake? So fitting for the event I thought. In case you're wondering, there are 140 in the big one and 91 in the small one...I packed those bad boys in there! By the way, I had a very handsome helper with the big one, Nick hand rolled at least half of those diapers with rubber bands!


As I spent my lunches shopping at Michaels, Pier One, Target, etc...I found some fun little prizes like this Rate that Wine Note Pad:



Once I was finished gathering all the prizes, I wrapped them in tissue paper and put some ribbon on them:

Next up: Food.....we ordered Tal's favorite, Buca di Beppo, had a local baker make some Red Velvet Cupcakes, and washed it down with various wines, ice water with fresh cut lemons, and mock champagne that was a hit!


It's now present time! Talitha's little girl received tons of cool clothes, super cute bikinis, and fun little shoes! She is definitely going to be the best dressed little booger in Oakhurst! Take a look at some of the pictures some of Tal's expressions are priceless!
We also had prizes to give to some of the guests during the opening present time. We had a random timer go off and whoevers gift Talitha was opening was the winner! Now looking back, I kinda feel it would be fun to give a gift to the youngest attendee: Emmy! :) Look at her cute little dress!
All in all, it was a fun afternoon with the ladies. I had a blast planning it and loved spending time with the fabulous women who came!
For another person's perspective please click here:
Stay tuned for my next post: Engagement Pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment