Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wine Country + Half Marathon = A very happy girl

This weekend, the husband and I, alongside some of our closest friends will be running the Santa Barbara Wine Country Half in Solvang.  If you are anything like me, I had you at wine.  I love wine.....even more, I love to run, and even more than that, I love to run then drink wine with my friends.  I cannot wait.

Nick and I went to Solvang almost 2 years ago...we had a blast....our favorite winery was Fess Parker which is where this picture below was taken. 

Since Nick has started medic school, our originally plan to go up early and enjoy the day on Friday has gone out the window.  It now has been replaced with me still taking the day off but running around with my head cut off trying to get last minute things taken care of.  Some of the plans consist of going to Traders to buy running snacks, dropping our fur babies off to the grandparents, cleaning and painting (yes, painting) the floors, and last but not least...packing.  We hope to be on the road by 4 pm....which will put us smack dab in the middle of Friday traffic.  lovely

Once we are there, I think I will relax a bit.  I suffer from pre-race anxiety....you know how most people suffer from the pre-race jitters?  Not this girl.  I am a full on pre-race anxious little ball of anxiety.  I want to make sure all the plans work out, we have a race packet, I get to lay my race clothes out the night before, and then of course, sleep. 

My goal?  1:50.?? minutes.  I can complete the race in that time.  I know I can. 

Then it's wine time!!!  Nick and I will be reunited with Fess Parker, and the others will be able to soke up the Solvang sun and drink some yummy-in-my-tummy wine. :)

Until then my friends, have a lovely day!

PS: moving day is now 2 weeks away.  That will be saved for a later post :)

1 comment: