Tuesday, November 16, 2010

my latelies....

Lately I have...
  • Registered for my next Half Marathon...and Nick is doing it with me :)

  • Planned Nick's 29th Birthday....so excited! Will post details after the 18th.
  • Figured out what our first Christmas will be like...Nick is working (booo) Christmas and the day after. So it's Christmas Eve for us!

  • Downloaded just about 2,000 pictures from our wedding! So awesome and a little overwhelming as well. Trying to decide which ones I want to be printed is hard....I love all of them!

  • Been thinking about how thankful I am for my family, friends, husband, home, a good job, and most importantly God.

  • Become not only an Auntie, but a God Parent as well :) Tal and Michel asked Nick and I to be Kaydance's God Parents this past weekend. I balled.....of course, and Nick was overwhelmingly happy as well. Out of all the people in their lives they chose us.....we are both so honored and beyond thrilled. :) I love that little girl so much!

  • And for the longest item on my lately list: I have mentioned a little bit here and hinted here that there is something that I really love doing and when the timing is right I will begin a new journey of my own. Not too many people know about it, actually only two people know that I want to do this, mainly because I always like to have everything thought completely through before I make an important decision. But after countless prayers, long runs, and discussions with the husband, I think I am ready to let a little bit more people in on our little plan.

    Over the years, I have developed this little creative bug into something that is now becoming more and more of a fun job if nothing else. What is this creative bug? Designing paper goods. To be more exact, designing invitations. I have a lot of fun with the unlimited ideas that come to mind when I am designing something and over the past couple of years I have been designing invites for friends and family and of course, for my wedding as well. At first this just started out as doing a favor for people, as they all know I went to school for marketing and graphic design kind of piggy-backs with it. However, the more and more I did it, the more and more I really loved it. People have asked me, why I don't do that for a living and though I wish I could, it really just isn't possible at this very moment as we just can't live off of 1 paycheck and a few little side jobs here and there.

    A few months back I made an action list of things that I need to start working on before this really goes "live" so to speak....Currently I am thinking of creative names to really brand this idea, and am leaning towards one in particular but haven't completely decided yet: little l designs.

    I am also in the works of building my own
    Etsy account and then will start developing a professional blog. So those are the building blocks of something that I eventually want to do as my full time job, like when we start to have kids and I need to be home more. But for now, it will be an extra side job that may provide a little extra cash as well. I thought I would post some of my most recent invitations that I have designed in the past year (I apologize that they are kind of small)...tell me what you think? Would love to hear your ideas!









1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update! I think going into paper good would be awesome for you!! I'd love to use your creativeness in the future!!

    ReplyDelete