Thursday, March 11, 2010

Makin a List...Checkin it...over and over again

It's wedding planning season...You know what that means! I realized that I haven't really been keeping people up to date with the wedding planning. Not that I don't want people to know, I just haven't really done it. Then I thought, my blog would be a great place to keep everyone up to date! Those of you who know me, know that I love to plan stuff.

Plan my day, plan my food, plan how much water I drink, what I am going to wear for the day, when I will be able to do all my errands, plan my runs, plan my plans that I may have planned in 4 weeks and then just in case, I plan a backup plan for emergency cases of course...I think you get the point.

Well when it comes to events, parties, WEDDINGS, I go crazy! It is so fun for me, I love it! Nick and I got engaged November 27, 2009, if you don't know the story, click TheKnot. (side note: it was perfect and nothing short of amazing).

I have made countless excel spreadsheets with formulas that add up every penny we spend, every penny we save...Which I'll have you know, I have been able to save a ton of money by doing my research, blogging on http://www.weddingbee.com/, and find all the wholesale outlet stores online...hello, http://www.save-on-crafts.com/. I also have tracked how much we have left, who paid for what, and when our next payments will be sent. I looked at the spreadsheet today, entitled "payment tracker" and noticed a lot of pink check marks next to the items that have been paid for a/o taken care of. I won't bore you with all the details, however, I will show you some ideas that I have come up with!






























Above, are our Save the Date cards. I designed them in photoshop, made to be a postcard. You will see the front and back :) I am also designing our invitations, already have the paper, the design is final, and the envelopes are stamped and just need to be addressed! With the help of my loving fiance, things have been pretty easy going so far...











My bridesmaids will be wearing these dresses from www.twobirdsbridesmaids.com! I love th idea, 14 ways to wear 1 dress :) Color is Aubergine (also known as plum). I can't wait to see the ladies in the dresses! So exciting!












Next up, the center pieces. My center pieces inspiration came from this simple little set up here. Instead of the vases, I will be having mason jars. :) So southern, can't help but to add a little bit of my southern roots into the wedding! Nick and his dad are getting part of an old tree trunk then we are going to be slicing them into little stands to put on the tables.
Manzanita trees are stored away curtousy of my dad, battery operated chinese lanterns are safe in their box, I also bought our lights that will be hanging over the dance floor, similar to the picture below:




















Next big things are, the bakery (I think I found a good one for our cupcakes), dance floor, pedals, fabric, finding the correct candles, making my veil, and of course, one of the most important items on the list.....my dress. She will be coming in any time in between April to June. It is perfect. I went in the other day to show Lacy, and I got teared up again when I saw it. I cannot wait to put it back on :) Pictures of the dress will not be on here my friends, but I can assure you it won't be anything like this awful one:

After all the wedding stuff is done, we will be staying at the Tokoriki Island Resort in Fiji!

4 comments:

  1. I love that you are keeping us all up to date on your blog. It makes me feel like I am there helping you plan. I LOVE your center pieces. Can I lay claim to one to take home with me for my house.? That is SO us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I love that you love spreadsheets, that is how I stay sane. :) And your wedding is going to be AMAZING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CANNOT WAIT!!! WOO HOO!!!! Just made reservations for the kids at "Nana and Papa's" today!! Will we be kid free and ready to party with ya'll!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yay shelby! im so happy you guys will be able to make it :)

    ReplyDelete